Received an email from a lecturer of the polytechnic that I was from, regarding a get-together / networking session, for the past graduates of the Sport & Wellness Mgmt course. A few of my ex-classmates responded to the mail and we talked about playing a game of touch rugby.
"Touch" is one of our favourite game that kept us going throughout our poly days. I suddenly have the urge to post my past and present photo here... but luckily i cannot find any of such. I think since i left poly in 1999, i have put on close to 20kg till now. A good 8 yrs. Considering an average of 2.5kg per year.... it is not so bad right... haha.. That email made me realise how precious time was. Not so much of the glorious moments we have had before and how fit I was... but the good times we had spent together.... time spent together skipping lessons to go orchard for makan or having a game of bowling as if we are preparing for a competition. Still remember a time when some of the "Chao Ah Lian" from the business / marketing faculty commented about us on our sloppy dressing.... We were unlike them, who dress to kill everyday. We were always in our t-shirts with berms/jeans, as we are "active" people. That Ah Lian comments blew us off and we arranged to wear T-shirt & berm with Sandals (I wore slippers)to show them how "sloppy" we can really be, the next day. Remembered one Lecturer even commented, whether we are going for some water sports later.... haha... At the end of the day, we did not really prove anything.... in fact till now, I dun even know who that "Chao Ah Lian" was, who commented about us... haha.... But is just that good feeling of having that camaraderie spirit among us.....
I still remember on the first day of our orientation, most of us were like close friend within a day. We arranged to go places like ice-skating and other places together after the first day of orientation. I still remember clearly that my group leader was Jane, whom we called her "Ah Ma". Dunno why we call her that though.. probably she is always there to make decision when we needed one and she does look more mature than most of us. She is one of our very dear friend whom we have lost a few years back due to a bike accident. Her laughter fills the rooms most of the time and she is one of the better players that we had in our rugby team. Over these years, since the day I went to Nanyang Polytechnic.. there were so many good memories contributed by so many of my dear friends from Sports & Wellness Management. I want to thank all of you for making my life so "FULL", especially in the 3 years I am there. Although we do not meet as often, but do continue to keep the memories that we have had before. Hope that our "relationship" will continue to be kept close in each of our hearts.....
Sign off with love from Victor Tan aka Thunder Thighs..


